Today I find myself our on errands, and have landed in one of my favourite cafes, a little spot called “Wasted Space” that is full of art made by local students and hipsters, funky and creative people, and good music. In fact they have a man working here whose job includes keeping fun music playing.
I love the art and the company, but it is really the music that keeps me coming back. If I need to clear my head, I can just sit back and let the music wash over me. I’ve come out of here more than once with a new CD on my “must have” list, or good memories on my mind. Music can have an incredible power to help you master your emotions:
- Music can calm you and help you restore your mental balance.
- Music can allow you to summon happy memories, or banish bad feelings.
- Music can help you daydream, taking you on a journey through your Inner World.
- Music can give you a common interest with others, and help you make friends.
- Music can reshape how you see a situation.
Playing music on an instrument or by singing can be a powerful tool for expressing you creativity. Few friendships can be closer or more exciting than the ones you build playing music in a band together.
Music is a part of my life every day. I have a rich collection of albums and instruments that I can’t wait to share with you. While I may make you wait for a computer of your own, I will make sure you have a good music player very early on, and a music collection of your own to enjoy.